Coeur d’Alene on 2013 Racing Schedule
Many of the requests received recently have been related to interest in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. For nearly a year, I’ve been sharing information about the efforts underway to bring an exhibition race to the beautiful state of Idaho.
First, there were rumors of a race, then a confirmation, then a long period of time where there’s been no engine noise. Nothing in the media. No rumors. No updates on the race site web site. Crickets.
At one point in the Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Schedule, I suggested that if it were my race, I’d have something concrete by then.
It is with great pleasure that I report The Spokesman-Review has just published a short article about Coeur d’Alene being added to the 2013 schedule! Sure enough, the H1 site has confirmed it as a stop on the 2013 circuit via the schedule on their main page.
However, it is unclear from H1 whether the race is an exhibition (as was originally planned) or if it is a sanctioned race. The Diamond Cup site indicates it will be “fully sanctioned” but still does not confirm H1′s date of Labor Day weekend, 2013 (August 30 – September 1.)
Regardless of the omission and discrepancy, the fans who contact me, along with a great many of us, will be thrilled the boats are coming back to beautiful Coeur d’Alene.
Be sure to sign up for the Diamond Cup newsletter to be kept up to date directly.
- San Diego Final Unlimited Hydroplane Race on 2013 Schedule
- Coeur d’Alene Schedule Released – Laying Groundwork for Future
- Help UHR Help You
- Friday in Detroit: Qualifying Excitement
- CDA Making Hydroplane Racing Progress PDQ
- Full Event Schedule Counters Mother Nature
- Could Miami Marine Stadium be a Future Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Site?
- 2013 Coeur d’Alene Diamond Cup Press Announcement
- Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Schedules – Both Art and Science
- Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Schedule Squeeze